AMARANTA Collection

(from latin amarantusimaginary flower said never to fade)


The inspiration

This year has brought me one of the sweetest surprises: being pregnant for the first time!

Then when I found out that I was expecting a girl, my emotion doubled thinking of all the "girl moments" that we will share, and the jewels that one day I will make for her.


She's the one that has motivated me to create this collection inspired in our first months together. I was lucky to have a beautiful and calm pregnancy, I was able to walk a lot during that time and to enjoy seeing how Amsterdam bloomed before my eyes as my little girl grew inside of me.


In these walks I collected a few flowers, mostly my favourite - the wild ones, those that surprise me every year filling with life and beauty the most unexpected spots.


I've wanted to immortalize these flowers in metal as well as the feeling of joy, anticipation and love experienced during the sweet wait.


my sweet girl...  
all these months I've been eager to meet you, wondering how you are, what's your personality, the sound of your voice and the drive of your soul. 
I dream of you not as a little princess or as a small version of myself but as a wild flower, not a creature meant to be rescued or embellished, but a strong and beautiful being. I wish your soul can grow in freedom and abundance, no matter the weather that hits you or the terrain where your feet stand, I hope the wind helps you go to all the places your heart dreams about. 
I love you Lena Julieta
Mom 

The process

For creating the pieces of this collection I emulated the shapes of some of well known wild flowers I found like the poppy, lavender and foxglove blended with the petals, seeds and textures of other tiny flowers which I didn't even find their names.


I modeled by hand all the pieces in soft wax, paying special attention in texturing the petals and small flower buds and adding granules like tiny seeds for enriching the texture of every piece.


After casting the pieces in silver I reshaped them and made the necessary adjustments to transform these tiny sculptures onto portable jewels. (special thanks to my dear jeweler friend Sandra Savelli who helped me with all the soldering needed on these pieces during my pregnancy!)


For the finish I opted for two styles:
White silver, which I slightly polish after casting just to bring up some shine and the details. The result is very romantic and delicate, only by slowly observing the pieces all the details pop out.
And Oxidized silver, after applying black patina and polishing the pieces all the crevices recede and the textures and details stand out giving a more dramatic look.



The AMARANTA Collection


RINGS

PAPAVER RING, the seedpod of the corn poppy, which is my favourite part of this flower, it's the central motif in this ring, surrounded by stamens that embrace the seedpod and attach it to the finger.






PAPAVER PETALS RING, a bunch of ruffled papaver petals and granules like poppy seeds stand out from the center of this ring.







LAVENDER BRANCHES RING, two branches with little flower buds interlace to create the central motif of this ring.





FLOWERET RING, little flower buds and granules cluster in the middle of this delicate ring comfy to wear everyday. It can be personalized with your favorite gemstone, or a tiny solid gold granule.






NECKLACES

FLOWERET PENDANT, A bent branch with granules and a flower bud next to a blooming tiny flower compose this dainty pendant. You can get the matching earrings too!





FLOURISHING TEARDROP NECKLACE, Blooming branches are joined to form the silhouette of a teardrop. Viewed from the front or back the pendant is rich in details. Can be worn together with the small Floweret Studs for a long earring.





LAVENDER BRANCH NECKLACE, This chunky lavender branch gets transformed into an asymmetrical pendant full of detail and easy to layer with other necklaces.





DIGITALIS NECKLACE, the sculptural shape of the foxglove or "lady's glove" flower makes a nice weighted pendant coming with a long silver chain that you can pass through your head without the need of a clasp. Inside of the floxglove instead of its characteristic spots you will find endless granules like seeds coming out from a horn of plenty.





EARRINGS

FLOWERET STUDS, Tiny branches with granules and a flower bud next to a blooming little flower make these tiny and delicate studs perfect for every day. You can get the matching necklace too!





FLOWERET DANGLING STUDS, I added a tiny silver drop to the floweret studs to transform them into a small sized dangle earrings that you can wear daily but will look cool too for a special occasion.







LAVENDER BRANCH EAR CLIMBER, no need for a second piercing in your earlobe to wear this climber, a tiny branch blooming in your ear, very light and comfortable. You can also wear it hanging from your earlobe. (It's possible to buy on pair or only one if you want to match it with a stud or long earring.






FLOURISHING TEARDROP EARRINGS, I joined the small Floweret studs to the Flourishing teardrop pendant to make these long and romantic earrings that even though their big size feel light and comfortable.




* * *


I hope you like this collection as much as I enjoyed creating it!

You can find all the new pieces on my Etsy shop!
During September and October I'll be working at a very slow pace because I'll be taking care of my newborn ♥ So it's perfect timing to order now if you want to receive these pieces by Christmas!

Comments